Sooooo…friends…I did A ThingTM! I’ve had a dream of doing this thing for a long time now and I finally bit the bullet and just…did it! Okay, okay, so I know I’m being all cryptic, so I’ll stop now and just come out and say it: *deep breath* I’m starting a traveling book club!!
Now, you may be wondering just what a “traveling book club” is…Well, it’s basically like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants but with books instead of pant! Basically…
- There’s a sign up period during which the book we’ll read is voted on.
- Eleven participants are selected.
- The book is sent to the participants for a set period of time during which the participant reads and annotates the book.
- The book is sent on to the next participant, until it reaches the originator and the circle is completed!
You may have noticed the new “book club” page on my blog and that’s where you can find out all the info and sign up! I’ll give you some basics about my particular traveling book club here, though:
- We’re going to be focusing on own voices marginalized literature of all genres (including non-fiction) and demographics.
- Don’t want to participate in the “traveling” aspect of the book club but want to still read along with us? I’ve set up a discord server that anyone who wants to read along can join!
- The traveling book club is US ONLY!
- You must be age 18+ or have your parent’s/guardian’s permission to participate!
Soooo…I think that’s that on that! I can’t wait to get this going, I’m so beyond excited! That’s all for today, friends, I’ll see you soon 😉